For an interactive Asia experience, click here.
Four Reasons Why Asia Matters to New Zealand
- Asia is closer to NZ than Europe or the United States is.
- NZ is committed to increase its role as a member of the Asia-Pacific community, with its integration in APEC and the ASEAN regional framework.
- Ten of our top 20 export markets are in Asia.
- NZ exports to Asia in 2008 were worth $14.8 billion NZD.
- Asia is the fastest growing source of tourists for NZ.
- Two thirds of our international students come from Asia.
- Asia represents the world’s largest and fastest growing market, presenting business and employment opportunities for Kiwis.
- Asia presents endless opportunities for discovery and learning, with its thousands of years of history and cultural diversity.